Thursday, April 4, 2013

Breakthrough Week

After struggling with subpar runs and injuries for the past three months, I finally had a decent week of solid running, breaking 50 miles. It wasn't perfect as my knees are paying for it, but with less than 10 weeks until San Diego, I'll have to balance on that fine line that will allow me to push my training without completely injuring myself.

I started the week out with two easy runs following a DNF at CTR's Canyon Meadow. I was signed up to run the 50k, but dropped to the marathon distance (Garmin showed 25M) because of an acute case of ITBS on my left knee. A visit to Dr. Blum at Financial District Chiropractic for some ART/Graston got me back out by Wednesday.

I got in 15-mile night run on Friday in the headlands, this time with NoƩ and Janeth for company.





Followed by a 16 miler Saturday morning and wanted to round out the week with an even number so I headed down to Montara Mountain and got in 13 miles with John.




John making the climb back up Montara Mtn Rd

 
 My Garmin data totals are lower than this, finishing the week out with 60.5 miles and total elevation gain of 10,400ft. 

All that's left to do now is keep my knees in check, get in some heat training and I should make it to San Diego feeling a bit more confident.

No comments:

Post a Comment